Sunday, September 8, 2013

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Hello Everyone!
I am here today and I finally made my card that I will be sending to Kathy.  This is going to be her Halloween card and you will probably have a recollection of this image and sentiment.  SO...I am totally ripping off Kathy's idea (hence the title of the blog post)...but taking it one step farther to make it NOT so shocking.  SO, if you're shocked by the sentiment, don't be.  Just keep scrolling down and you'll see what is meant.  ;)  Actually I was hoping the card could Pop up when she opened it, but the image was too flimsy for that so I needed to tape it to the card inside.  Oh well...maybe eventually I will figure it out.

Anyway, the sentiment is from an old MFT stamp set (Tongue in Cheek) but they no longer make it so I printed it on my computer and put it in the MFT bubble die cut.  The sketch I used was inspired by the Sweet Stop SSS227 (Sept 7) Challenge.  "Sassy Witch" is a digi by Sassy Studio Designs.  I cut her out and popped her up with foam tape and stickled her all over, including her hair in different colors.  (Kathy did a much better job on her hair when she did this image so I needed to fix mine...)  By the way, I used the brand new Doodlebug Halloween paper...it is ADORABLE..I think the best paper I've ever had for Halloween.

In addition to Sweet Stop, I am also entering this card into the Aud Sentiment Challenge.

I hope you enjoyed this card and it gave you a laugh rather than a heart attack...wish me luck this week...it will be another doozy.  Can't wait to be back...hopefully sooner than before the weekend starts.  Thanks for stopping by...Margaret

Details:
Image: Digi by Sassy Studio Designs; sentiment (printed on computer, idea from an old MFT stamp); inside card: Northwoods
Die cuts: MFT, Spellbinders
Paper: Doodlebug
Other: Stickles




1 comment:

  1. I am ROTFLOL!!! This is hillarious!!! You have such a quirky sense of humor. Glad you do considering the "work" the students send you! I can't wait to see this in person!!!

    ReplyDelete