Friday, September 6, 2013

Happy Winter

Ahhhh, Friday!
I am so glad to have this week behind me.  I am looking forward to spending some time in my art room, both creating and cleaning.  Yes, I said
cleaning.  A necessary evil, I'm afraid.
I am not the neatest of crafters, though I do tend to clean my stamps and put away my tools each night.  That still leaves scraps at my cutting table, desk and diecut table, not to mention the basket I keep by my desk for "returning" stamps to their rightful places.  That's only used for the ones that aren't directly behind me.  I can put those up when I finish with them (aren't you proud of me?)!  Then there's all that paper I pull out that just doesn't quite work.  Anyway, I am messy.  My DH calls me a "clutterer".  He's right.  Yes, that DH is right, unfortunately, more often than not!

So on to tonight's card.  This one was made because of an incident at our home this week.  One night, while I was crafting and my husband was sleeping, little Sammie started barking like crazy.  Now, he is our most quiet dog and he was in bed with my husband.  Of course, the other 3 had to join in on the barking, though they knew not why they were doing so, except that Sammie (Samuel L. Schnauzer is his official name because he needed a big name to go with his very small stature - 10 lbs) had sounded the alarm.  So by now, everyone is at the front door.  Well, we live in the country on 6 acres, far off from any roads, and it was about midnight.  So who could this be???
Well my friends, it was a fox at our front door.  Yes, I said a fox!
Obviously, he didn't hang around long when all the barking ensued, but it is in his honor that I made this card.


I used the sketch from Sweet Stop Sketches.  My cute little fox comes from Taylored Expressions and is colored with Copics..  The dp is Eskimo Kisses from Basic Grey and green cs is DCWV.   The polka dotted cs is from Bo Bunny (and this is my last scrap of it, wish I had more!). I used an MFT border die and SU! punches for the sentiment and added rhinestones for bling.

I am also entering the following challenges:

Brown Sugar - animals
Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - Winter animals
Simon Says Stamp - Animal antics

Thanks for stopping by!  
Sorry for chatting so much today, I need to get my 10K words in everyday and I haven't been on the phone...

kathy b

11 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute Christmas card, love that image. Thanks for playing at the Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine tolle Karte mit tollen Farben und einem witzigen Motiv. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL. LG Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun Christmas card - a lovely design and great Basic Grey papers. Your little fox complete with hat and scarf is so sweet!!

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Love the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute!! Adorable image and I love that border on the top and bottom. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! What a cute way to add the border the way you did. I never would have thought of that! You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks to join the fun with us at CSAYL Kathleen with your cute and lovely card, hope to see you next week, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, I love the cute image, beautiful papers and fabulous layout.
    Thank you for taking part in the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable. I love the image and the layout is wonderful. Great choice of papers and love the punch/die you used. Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and hope to see you next time, too! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cuteness and what great layers!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at CSAYL :>)

    ReplyDelete