Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Double Decker--Happy Easter Morning!

Happy Easter Morning,
I'm hoping the Easter Bunny is good to everyone today.  My girls no longer believe in the Easter Bunny...but they still like their Easter baskets and an Easter Egg Hunt so I'm still working on that tonight. :)

I have yet another Easter card to share...actually two.  Once again I've completed these tonight, in the light of flourescence so the cards never look quite as nice as they would in daylight.  :(  We were invited to Easter dinner by family friends'.  These are two ladies (sisters) in their 80's...but you wouldn't know it.  They're vibrant like 60 year olds!  And they love to cook and have people over.  I figured along with a little chocolate, the cards might put a smile on their faces.

The first card, which I'm entering into the One Stop Craft CHallenge 222 (Easter) has an all star cast of dies from numerous companies: Martha Stewarts edging, Papertrey (the mound), Memory Box (Starburst), and Spellbinders (Center).  The cross is by Stampin Up and sentiment is by Flourishes.  The cross is actually embossed in purple sparkle (hard to tell).   Although the mound of earth looks a little garish in the photo, it actually doesn't look like that in person...It's actually a sparkly paper by American Crafts (POW Glitter Paper).  LOVE this paper.  I've included a closeup so you can see the sparkle.  I wanted this to appear like Easter morning, with the sun rising very bright, the ground still dark.

  The card below also uses the same SU stamp.  The doily is from Cheery lynn, and the Square behind is Spellbinders.  I can't take design credit for this card as I CASE'd it from Pinterest (Your Memories With Ally Blog).  Although this card was technically "easy" it still took quite a while to make.  Kathy and I were talking about that...even easy cards take us a long time to create (at least an hour if not longer!).  I wonder if that is anyone else's experience?
Thanks for stopping by today...and enjoy a wonderful Easter with your loved ones.  Kathy will be back full time this week as my classes are starting all over again.  Just 1.5 more months, but then I will have about 2 weeks of visitors....Oh boy I can't wait til summer.

1 comment: