Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy Thursday - my week is nearly done!
I normally have to work the 2nd Friday of the month, but yesterday my boss cancelled our Friday meeting,  YEA!!!  Now I just need to do some research from home.  I also plan to go to a nearby city (25 miles) to do some shopping.  Double YEA!!!
 
 
 
My card today uses the sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday.  I liked the sketch, so I decided to try to make a card.  First I tried a number of different paper combinations before I stumbled upon this dp from Basic Grey, titled "Oh, Baby".  You wouldn't think this was baby paper, but others in the collection definitely have the baby look.  I've used this collection before, but not this particular paper.  For once, I actually found paper first, then designed my card (except that I did pick out the stamp first - it's from Stamping Bella and comes with 3 different sentiments, I chose Happy Birthday and stamped it with Palette Orangerie after coloring the sign background).  I wanted to coordinate my Copics with the paper.  CS is from my stash bin and I used oval nesties to cut out the image and mounting.  I "cheated" by using border paper instead of 3 strips - I never use my border papers, so now I have found a use for them!  I will keep this sketch handy!!!  I added some Spicas for a little sparkle and topped it off with portions of flourishes of the Reflections line from Michaels.  I put another border strip on the interior.
 
I am also entering the following challenges:
 
Created With Love - Birthday
Paper Pretties - Birthday
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
kathy b


6 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. I love the embellishments. Your image is really cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card...especially the stamp and bling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, love all the wonderful details. Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card,love the image and bling.
    Thanks for joing us at Created With Love Challenges.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! I LOVE your gem swirls! Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colours! Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete