Monday, September 3, 2012

42 Sparkly Years

Hi everyone,
I'm back with a birthday card this morning!  The funny story here is...My friend's birthday was yesterday so I made her a card (Yes late--because I've been so busy all month).  Then I went about my day making all my thank you cards...and then realized, "oh no, I need to make my friend a card for her birthday!"  So I made it and then realized--I already made one. So she's getting two (Since I already wrote in each of them).  Oh well...her children just adore my cards so I guess they will get a kick out of it.  They've actually started a collection of my cards on their walls--so cute.

Anyway, today's card is a birthday card and I just love love love how it came out.  I chose red and white with hint of gold (dress) because I think those are real power colors and in Feng Shui, they symbolize luck.  (I actually wear alot of red when I need to feel confident).  I couldn't find a DP to match this theme in my stash...so I created it!  I used Impression Obsession background lace and stamped the background.  Martha Stewart punch for edge filled in with some pearls.  Of course stickles have to be on the card (Ice cream, dress, shoes).  However, I think the real kicker here is the ribbon.  Believe it or not, it is ribbon from Christmas--I save ribbon to reuse.  How handy is this?  And the thickness of it I think really adds pizzazz.   The stamp is from Stampin Bella, Uptown Girls while the sentiment is Stampin Up.  The numbers were cut out using a very very old sizzix letter cutter I had in my stash.  Kathy has really been inspiring me with her cards lately, so yesterday I made 5 cards--which is a record for me.  This week you will see more.

Thanks for stopping by--enjoy your Labor Day! Margaret

The challenges I am submitting these cards to:
House of Gilli (Favorite Color Combo)
There She Goes Clear Stamps (Birthday Numbers)


2 comments:

  1. Andrea will LOVE it! So cute! What set is that sentiment from??? It is super. Love that Uptown Girl...you colored her so well!!!

    ReplyDelete